Saturday, January 11, 2014

Bound to a Promise by Bonnie Floyd


Bound to a Promise
Trusting God When the Unthinkable Happens

Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX“Mrs. Floyd, my name is Paul Howard, and I’m calling from the United States embassy in Antigua. I’m sorry, ma’am, but I need to ask, are you Bonnie Clever-Floyd, daughter o
It was a cold, ordinary morning in Fresno, California when Bonnie Floyd answered the phone call that would change her life forever. That date—February 1, 1994, would be seared in her heart as the day her parents had been brutally murdered.
  
If you have ever wondered if God really orchestrates our lives you need to read this book. It's an amazing story of God's blessings in the face of unimaginable tragedy.

Bonnie Floyd was devastated when she learned that her father and step-mother had been shot while vacationing in the Caribbean. Her grief was exacerbated by the knowledge that they had been shot in their sleep, not allowing them time to call out to God before their deaths. 


For several years prior to that terrible day in 1994, Bonnie and her husband, Donnie, had been seizing every opportunity to share the gospel with her parents. “I had done all I knew to do to share Jesus with them. They had come a long way in their views of who Jesus was. They acknowledged his hand at work in their lives and in ours, and they were never against a suggestion to pray,” Bonnie recalls. “To this day I can still see the intensity in my father’s blue eyes and the assurance on his face when he said, ‘I promise you, if I ever get into a position where I fear for my life, I will call on the name of Jesus, but I have never been, nor will I ever be in a position where I am not in total control.’”  Within six months, Bonnie’s parents were dead.


In the coming months and years, as God began to reveal what really happened that night in Antigua, Bonnie found not just the assurance that she would see her parents again in heaven, but also the power to forgive. Bound to a Promise includes the fascinating account of the Antiguan trial that brought her parents’ killers to justice, featuring some dashing Scotland Yard detectives, a criminal in search of redemption, and many other memorable characters from the island. Bonnie’s colorful descriptions of her parents’ adventures abroad and her time in Antigua lighten the mood and add a touch of travelogue to the true crime drama. In a truly inspirational twist, Bonnie arranges a meeting with one of the confessed attackers, a man who would eventually claim her as family.
This true story was unfolds in a conversational style as Bonnie reveals the grace exhibited by God. 
Visit Bonnie's Website




Visit Bonnie'



No comments: