Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Tuesday, July 03, 2012
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Monday, June 04, 2012
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Monday, May 14, 2012
Today is the Online Book Launch for A TUMBLED STONE.
All you have to do is purchase either the hard copy or ebook on Amazon TODAY, then send me the purchase code by emailing vinemarc AT telus DOT net.
Then I'll send you the link for the launch page where you can get all the freebies.
Authors have donated free ebooks and we'll also do a draw for free hard copies so don't delay. Happy Day! Marcia
PS - scroll down to see the John 3:16 blog hop. This is the LAST DAY to leave a comment to win the first book, One Smooth Stone.
Monday, May 07, 2012
Welcome to the 1st John 3:16 Giveaway Blog Hop! As one of the members of this great network of Christian Authors, I am excited to participate in this event! We have come together this week to showcase our books and to give you, our readers, a chance to win some great prizes as you "hop" from blog to blog.
A different prize is offered at each blog site (no purchase necessary), however if you want to have a chance to win one of two Kindles the network is giving away, the only requirement is that you sign up for the John 3:16 ezine newsletter. (Located at the top right side column of the John 3:16 blog site.) (See official rules here.)
At the other blogs, each author will require that you leave a comment (and a valid email address) so they may contact you if you win a prize offered on their blog site. May I also suggest that you show your love and appreciation to each blog host by either following them on Twitter, or "liking" them on Facebook or even subscribing to their blog. It won't help your odds of winning a prize but I know each author would be thrilled and very encouraged!
I'm giving away a copy of my award-winning novel, One Smooth Stone. Just leave a comment on this post along with contact info. and I'll enter your name in the draw. The winner will be announced here on May 15th. Please also take a moment to LIKE my page on FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/marcialeelaycock Thanks!
So tell your friends about the John 3:16 Giveaway Blog Hop! It's going to be a great week of fun! Just click on the links below to go from blog to blog! Happy hoppin'! Blog Hop Participants:
- Lorilyn Roberts (John 3:16 Network Blog) – http://john316mn.blogspot.com/
- Lynn Dove – Word Salt (Host blog) - http://wordsalt.wordpress.com/
- Laura J. Davis - http://interviewsandreviews.blogspot.com/
- Paulette Harper - http://www.pauletteharperjohnson.blogspot.com/
- Carol A. Brown - http://connectwithcarolbrown.blogspot.com/
- April Gardner - http://www.aprilwgardner.com/
- Sue Russell – http://www.suerussellsblog.blogspot.com/
- Thomas Blubaugh - http://tomblubaugh.net/
- Susan F. Craft – http://historicalfictionalightintime.blogspot.com/
- Heather Bixler – http://heatherbixler.com/
- Joy Hannabass – http://splashesofjoy.wordpress.com/
- Deborah Bateman - http://www.DeborahHBateman.com
- Kimberley Payne - http://www.fitforfaith.blogspot.com/
- Rose McCauley – http://www.rosemccauley.blogspot.com
- Lisa Lickel - http://livingourfaithoutloud.blogspot.com/
- Alice J. Wisler - http://www.alicewisler.blogspot.com/
- Amanda Stephan - http://www.thepriceoftrust.com/
- Saundra Dalton – http://gracetolivefree.blogspot.com/
- Tracy Krauss - http://www.tracykraussexpressionexpress.com/
- Ashley Wintters - http://ashleyschristianbookreviews.blogspot.com/
- Deborah McCarragher - http://www.godmissionpossible.blogspot.com/
- Lorilyn Roberts - http://lorilynroberts.blogspot.com/
- Anita Estes - http://anita-thoughtsonchristianity.blogspot.com/
- Martin Roth – http://www.military-orders.com
- Janet Perez Eckles - http://www.janetperezeckles.com/blog
- Kenneth Winters – http://www.lostcrownofcolonnade.com/
- Eddie Snipes – http://www.eddiesnipes.com/
- Diane Tatum - http://tatumlight-tatumsthoughts4today.blogspot.com/
- Janalyn Voight - http://janalynvoigt.com/
- Alberta Sequeira – http://www.albertasequeira.wordpress.com/
- Tammy Hill – http://tammyhillbooks.blogspot.com/p/blog-hop.html
- Marcia Laycock – http://www.writer-lee.blogspot.com/
- Julie Saffrin - http://juliesaffrin.com/category/blog/
- Nike Chillemi - http://nikechillemi.wordpress.com/
- Elaine Marie Cooper - http://wp.me/PVo1a-1vM
- Sidney W. Frost - http://christianbookmobile.blogspot.ca/2012/05/welcome-to-john-316-giveaway-blog-hop.html
- Jairus B. King – http://ministerjking.blogspot.com
- Bill Burt - http://kotbooks.blogspot.com/
- Kathy Eberly - http://authorkathyeberly.blogspot.com/
- Bob Saffrin - http://bobsaffrin.com/
- Theresa Franklin - http://theresa-lifesjourney.blogspot.com/
- Ray Lincoln - http://blog.raywlincoln.com/
- Lilly Maytree - http://www.lillymaytree.blogspot.com/
- Valerie King - http://www.valeriekingbooks.com
- Yvonne Pat Wright - http://www.spicetoeternity.co.uk/1/post/2012/05/come-blog-hopping-with-john-316-marketing-network-members-for-gifts-and-prizes.html
- Pauline Creeden - http://fatfreefaith.blogspot.com/
- Katherine Harms - http://livingontilt.wordpress.com
- Brenda Wood - http://heartfeltdevotionals.wordpress.com/
- Deborah Malone - http://deborahsbutterflyjourney.blogspot.com/
- Melissa Main – http://www.mainwriters.com/
- Kevin Main - http://mainchristianbooks.com/
- Sandy Humphrey - http://www.kidscandoit.com/blog/
- Felice Gerwitz - http://www.writingandpublishingblog.com/
- Hallee Bridgeman - http://www.bridgemanfamily.com/hallee
- Lisa Mills - http://www.authorlisamills.com/blog/
Sunday, April 01, 2012
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Thursday, March 29, 2012
May 7th – 14th!
Join over fifty authors and bloggers who will be offering great books and other prizes on their blogs during that week. As a reader, you just “hop” from blog to blog and sign up to win some great prizes at each blog.
But wait…you also have a chance of winning one of two Kindles!
How’s that for fun?
Tell all your friends and join us May 7th – 14th for the
John 3:16 Marketing Network Giveaway Blog Hop!
Saturday, March 17, 2012
The Last Plea Bargain
380 pages, $13.99
The Last Plea Bargain
Randy Singer Returns with Thriller Loosely Based on Real Case
(Carol Stream, IL)—In 2002, Donna Somerville was indicted for first-degree murder of her husband, Hamilton Somerville, Jr., in Virginia. The prosecution alleged that Donna Somerville had poisoned her husband with a lethal cocktail of hospice drugs and the case drew national media attention, including a multi-page story in Vanity Fair and a Lifetime movie, Widow on the Hill. Donna Somerville was found not guilty in the criminal case in 2004, but, in 2010, she was found legally responsible for her husband’s death in the civil case.
Attorney and best-selling author Randy Singer represented Hamilton Somerville’s daughters in the civil case, and in his latest legal thriller, The Last Plea Bargain (Tyndale House/March 2012), Singer loosely draws on the case as he looks at revenge, mercy, and the question of where the God of justice is when tragedy strikes. He also explores what would happen to the prison population—and the legal system overall—if plea bargaining was no longer an option.
Prosecutor Jamie Brock, first introduced in Singer’s book False Witness, is known in the legal world for her refusal to plea bargain with criminals, no matter the stakes. But despite her legal toughness, Brock is fighting her own demons as she awaits the execution of Antoine Marshall, who sits on death row convicted of murdering Brock’s mother and wounding her father. Marshall claims to have experienced a religious conversion while in jail but still holds fast to his claims of innocence.
Brock’s nemsis, powerful defense attorney Caleb Tate, represented Marshall in his intial trial, but now faces his own challenges as he’s indicted for the murder of his wife, Rikki, for allegedly poisoning her with a lethal cocktail of drugs. Tate maintains his innocence, claiming that Rikki, a former Las Vegas show girl, was an addict, and even takes an on-air lie detector test.
Brock leads the fight against Tate for the prosecution, wanting nothing more than to nail him on the charges. But things get crazy when Tate allegedly comes up with a way to logjam the system by convincing criminals not to plea bargain, overwhelming prosecutors and styming their ability to work effectively. Fueled even more by a desire for justice, Brock pushes on in her fight against Tate. But what she doesn’t realize is that things aren’t always what they seem and people aren’t always who they claim to be.
Randy Singer is a critically-acclaimed, award-winning author and veteran trial attorney. He was recently a finalist with John Grisham and Michael Connelly for the inaugural Harper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction sponsored by the University of Alabama School of Law and the ABA Journal. He has authored ten legal thrillers, including the 2003 Christy Award-winning Directed Verdict, Irreparable Harm, Dying Declaration, Self Incrimination, The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney, False Witness, By Reason of Insanity (2009 Christy Nominee), The Justice Game (CBA Bestseller), and Fatal Convictions as well as the novella, The Judge Who Stole Christmas. He has also authored or co-authored three nonfiction titles. Randy runs his own law practice and was recently named to Virginia Business magazine’s select list of “Legal Elite” litigation attorneys. He also serves as a teaching pastor for Trinity Church in Virginia Beach, VA. He calls it his “Jekyll and Hyde thing”—part lawyer, part pastor. He teaches classes in advocacy and civil litigation at Regent Law School Randy and his wife, Rhonda, live in Virginia Beach and have two adult children. Visit his Web site at www.randysinger.net.
# # #
What the Reviewers Say about Randy Singer
The Last Plea Bargain
Veteran attorney Singer turns out another admirable legal thriller that will again draw comparisons to the inestimable John Grisham. . . . Singer skillfully loosens the strings and reweaves them into a tale that entertains, surprises, and challenges readers to rethink justice and mercy.
The Justice Game, CBA Best-Seller
Christy-Award winning novelist and lawyer, Singer (Directed Verdict) lets the action sprint out of the gate with a murder in the first few pages. With murderer and victim dead, the moral issue of gun control takes center stage in the book, with a number of side dilemmas. … a book that will entertain readers and make them think—what more can one ask?
By Reason of Insanity, Christy Award Nominee
Inspirational suspense novelist Singer (Directed Verdict) hooks readers from the opening courtroom scene of this tasty thriller, then spurs them through a fast trot across a storyline that just keeps delivering.
At the center of the heart-pounding action are the moral dilemmas that have become Singer’s stock-in-trade. In addition to scrutinizing the insanity defense from an ethical point of view, Singer offers similar appraisals of the death penalty and vigilante justice. This is inspirational fiction, but it isn’t didactic or preachy, and it’s an exciting thriller all on its own.
In this gripping, obsessively readable legal thriller, Singer proves himself to be the Christian John Grisham. The three students … are especially well-developed. Indeed, readers may want to meet them again in a sequel.
Booklist *Starred Review*
Great suspense; gritty, believable action; and unnerving scenes of torture make this entry Singer's best yet.
Directed Verdict, Christy Award Winner
There is plenty of room in evangelical Christian fiction for fresh voices, and debut novelist Singer is a promising one.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
1. Go to the Landing Page on Tracy’s Website
2. Buy the book at amazon.
3. Go back to the Landing Page and fill in the form with your name, email and purchase number
It’s that easy! You’ll be directed to your free gifts and all you have to do is choose which ones you want.
About the book:
An unlikely duo meet in Play It Again, a story of love, life and faith. Sparks fly when an ex-rock and roll junkie and a stuffy accountant rendezvous at a local resort, but neither are prepared for the emotional entanglements, family complications, and threat from the past that unexpectedly resurfaces. Set in the 1980s, this story brings two opposing forces together in a clash of romance and danger, while its musical undertones highlight the theme that God can turn anything into beautiful music. Play It Again is the much anticipated prequel to Tracy’s debut novel And the Beat Goes On. Find out where Mark Graham’s journey began in this, the story of his parents.
What others are saying about PLAY IT AGAIN:
“This is one of the best contemporary novels I've read all year. . . Not only was it well-written, but it was edgy in that the story dared to be honest. . . I can see this touching a lot of people who have thought about God but have been afraid to move forward.”
- Michelle Sutton, author of more than a dozen inspirational novels
“This book is hot property, and grabs your interest from page one.”
- Yvonne Pat Wright, author of From Spice to Eternity
Tracy Krauss is a high school teacher by profession, and a prolific author, artist, playwright and director by choice. She received her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Saskatchewan and has gone on to teach Art, Drama and English – all the things she is passionate about. After raising four children, she and her husband now reside in beautiful Tumbler Ridge, BC where she continues to pursue all of her creative interests. Her first two books were both nominated for the ‘Indie Excellence Book Awards’ for religious fiction in 2011.
Here’s just a sampling of the FREE e-gifts from generous supporters:
- An e-copy of Lisa Lickel’s award winning novel Meander Scar
- Sample chapters from The Promise of Deer Run by Elaine Cooper, Warring Spirits by April Gardner, and The Right Person by Stacy Padula
- Beautiful downloadable art cards by author and artist Brenda Hendricks
- A free subscription to ‘PixApple’
- You copy of Frazzled No More by Shelley Hitz
- A cool ‘Daily Scheduler’ developed by author Janalyn Voigt
- And much more!
All if you buy your copy of PLAY IT AGAIN at amazon.com on Feb. 21! All links will be operational on the ‘Landing Page’ at www.tracykrauss.com/
DISCLAIMER: This ‘Best Seller book launch’ has been coordinated with the help of the ‘John 3:16 Marketing Network’ and many other generous supporters. The free gifts are deliverable electronically over the internet or by email by individual authors and supporters. They are not in any way associated with, nor deliverable by, amazon.com