Friday, May 16, 2008

A Favour

Hello everyone. I'd like to ask you a favour - actually, a couple of them.
On Sunday i leave for a week of "professional development" as I study with Rudy Wiebe at the School of Writing in Winnipeg Manitoba. I'm extremely excited about this opportunity and hope to make good use of the time by working on the sequel to my novel, One Smooth Stone. (see side panel to right). The tricky thing is, the sequel may never see the printed page unless the first book sells well. My publisher says he is "seriously committed to considering" publishing a sequel, but it all depends on the bottom line.

So this is where you come in. If you would be so kind -

1 - please pray for me next week (and the weeks ahead, if you can).
2 - if you have not read my novel, please be kind enough to buy one.
3 - once you have read it, tell your friends about it and encourage them to buy one
4 - post a review on Amazon or Barnes and Noble or any of the online places where you can comment on a book you've read.
5 - ask your local church, librarian and bookstore to order a copy.
6 - if you belong to a book club, suggest One Smooth Stone.

And if #1 is the only one you can do, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
:)Marcia

No comments: