Saturday, July 28, 2007

Getting my Hopes Up

I heard from my editor this week that my distributor, Castle Quay is featuring my novel, One Smooth Stone in a good sized book fair in Ontario. I also heard from Focus on the Family Canada, that they may feature my book on their website, Clergy Care.

Both these pieces of news give me hope that my books might do okay. The odds are so against new authors, I take any encouragement I can get! :)

I've also asked a lot of people to pray about it, so I know whatever God has in mind will be accomplished.

My husband's vacation time is coming to a close and I found myself thinking, okay, now I can get into a regular routine of writing again. But then, he won't have an office to go to anymore, so we'll see how that goes! But I do need to get into a regular routine again. I've been coasting for a while.

I guess summertime is like that, though. I find myself longing for some time on the water, but I don't think that will happen this year. Makes me realize how spoiled I was growing up on Lake Huron when I was a kid.

When I knew we were moving I asked the Lord to move us somewhere near water. Well, there is a small slough across the road from our new house! Not exactly what I had in mind, but ...
it will be good to be settled there. Hope the house sells soon.

:)M

No comments: