Saturday, September 02, 2006

A contract, A contract!

Yes! The contract arrived yesterday and is on its way back to the publisher. That means I'll begin working with my editor - hopefully next week. And I'll also get the advance! :) My husband asked me what I was going to do with it and I told him it is intended to go toward promotion and that's what I would like to do with it.
I'm having a speaker's one sheet designed by a publicist so some of it will go toward that. Then I'll be distributing it and that will take postage. I also want to make up a small booklet for OSS. A Word Guild member did this for the CBA in Edmonton and I thought it was a good idea to give the booksellers a glimpse of what the book is like. Then that will have to be mailed. I suspect this 1,000.00 is going to disappear pretty fast.
:)M

1 comment:

April said...

How exciting! Congrats!