Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I received the contract from my publisher today. It's a lot less complicated than I thought it might be, and seems pretty straight forward. But just to make sure, I've asked a friend who has had a lot of books published to have a look at it and give me some feedback. I don't feel like I should make any demands, since I've won a contest to do this, but it will be interesting to see what he suggests.
My publisher also gave me the go-ahead to work on the ms. even though an editor hasn't been assigned yet. That's really great because one of the critiques I got from the contest was really good and I'm anxious to get at it and make some changes.
The proposal is coming along. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be, even tho' I already know the ms. has been accepted.
More later.
:)M

2 comments:

Maria del Carmen said...

Congrats! I secretly always wanted to write something...to inspire others and share my my love for Jesus.

You're doing a wonderful job!

Marci said...

Thanks, Maria. Maybe you should follow-up on that secret longing.
:)Marci