Monday, July 31, 2006

Done some more

Just finished doing some fact checking on my ms. I needed to talk to a cop so contacted a friend who has self-published two books. He was really helpful in explaining the RCMP procedures for a couple of things that I wanted to make sure were accurate in the ms. Then I had a sudden "oh dear!" moment when I realized that I wasn't sure if they still used radio-phones in the Yukon. It's been a number of years since we lived there so I didn't want to assume. The erratic behaviour of radio-phones is kind of a crucial thing to one segment of the plot, so I had to check it out. It was very easy to do - I just dialed 0 on my phone and asked the operator. She was able to confirm it immediately so I was able to leave that detail as is. whew!
So now I wait for word that I've been assigned an editor. Getting a little impatient.
:)M

1 comment:

April said...

I hope you get an editor soon. Patience, we writers have to deal with that an awful lot, don't we?
We get enough practice anyway haha.
Good luck to you!