Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Continuing

I've been working on Smooth Stone a bit - changed a couple of paragraphs around, filled in here and there, but I need to do some work on the characters. Kenni especially is a bit flat. I need to fatten her up. :) My daughter, Laura is reading the ms. now with an eye for places where I could add some things to bring Kenni to life. I'm thinking of giving her a parrot. I've been wanting a parrot for some time, but can't afford one, so I think i'll give Kenni one instead.

The main character needs some work too and it's going to be a challenge to know how to bring him to life more.

I'm still waiting for word from the publisher about the contract, my editor's name etc. No details yet and I'm getting a little impatient. I need to get at the proposal too, which I've only just begun.

I bought a book at the Write! Canada conference that I've been wanting for some time - Self-editing for fiction writers. I've heard it's really good. Also want to read Story by McPhee.

So - I should get at them. ttylater. M

No comments: