Thursday, June 29, 2006

News!

My feet are starting to touch ground after a fairy-tale week. On June 11 I received a phone call that I was the winner of the Best New Canadian Christian Author Award, sponsored by The Word Guild and Augsburg Fortress' Canadian Imprint, Castle Quay. They called to ask me to be at the Gala Award Ceremony on the 14th and at the following conference to receive the prize - 1000.00 plus a publication contract! So I rearranged my life and hopped on a plane to the other side of the country. That night seemed surreal. The event was indeed a gala - music, media and more. My award was the last of about 30 given out that night. I wasn't sure what I was going to say when I accepted it, but just before they announced it the group sang the song, Days of Elijah. I've always loved the verse that says - "These are the days of Ezekiel, dry bones becoming as flesh" - and as I sang it I thought of how God does that to me as I write, as we all write, and then His Holy Spirit takes our words and does amazing things through them. I've seen Him do it through my devotionals and I am very excited to see what He intends to do with One Smooth Stone. They tell me the launch date is tentatively scheduled for March. :)

2 comments:

kaybee said...

Congratulations, Marci, on your award!

And thanks for that thought - revelation, even. Every time I sit down to write, I think about how inadequate I feel to try and express something that will inspire. But as the words begin to flow, that's exactly how I feel -- Holy Spirit is 'fleshing' up the dry bones; quickening, bringing to life what HE wants to say! It's the most amazing feeling, the most incredible honour and an awesome responsibility to 'speak' an behalf of an almighty God!

Bless you!

Marci said...

Thanks, Kaybee. God is so gracious, isn't He? To include us in His work! Wow! :)M