Wednesday, February 09, 2005

More than We Imagine?

Quote - "But how to get our voice out there. Amidst the cacophony of competition our frail voice is drowned by the wind? Where is the Maiden of Lorraine? Where is Joan of Arc?"

Maybe I'm just feeling contrary today, but I'm getting a little tired of hearing the same drum and have been wondering if we should be looking at it from a different angle. Add to the above, Where is Jesus? Where was he when he was on this earth? Obscure, unknown, rejected and despised. His voice was certainly drowned, by the screams of those who killed Him. He has told us that if we belong to Him we should expect the same.

But look what His Father did with His obedience.

Sometimes I wonder if we underestimate the effect the believers of the world have, including those who write exclusively within and for the CBA, those who remain in "the ghetto." (I hate that expression)

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a crying need for Christians to engage the culture on all fronts, but is the Christian community not a part of that? I think so. And perhaps a much more vital part than is apparent. We don’t know what’s going on in the heavenly realms every time a CBA book is read. Is there a battle? Is there a victory won? What effect does that have on our “twirling blue marble?” I think we might be surprised.

Sometimes I wonder if what we do, especially that which is done in obedience, has a much more profound and powerful effect than we imagine.

No comments: